Sorin Medical, the largest and fastest growing Cardiology practice in NYC, is looking to hire a full-time CT Technologist at our new flagship location on Wall Street.
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required, to perform imaging procedures.
- Performs CT Scans and other Diagnostic exams.
- Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
- Operates all radiographic imaging equipment associated with CT, including but not limited to injectors.
- Loads and programs contrast media power injectors according to established departmental procedures.
- Prepares and operates equipment, sets controls, establishes proper “programs” under direction of the Radiologist.
- Coordinates scan protocols with radiologist.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Performs all quality assurance procedures as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program.
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.)
- Certification in IV Contrast Administration required
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
New York, NY 10005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Preferred)