Sorin Medical, the largest and fastest growing Cardiology practice in NYC, is looking for an experienced and dedicated Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our growing staff.
You will provide direct patient care, discuss patient symptoms and concerns and perform thorough examinations to diagnose medical issue(s)and prescribe medication or create a treatment plan, if necessary. You will collaborate with our physicians to treat more advanced illnesses or injuries. Our ideal candidate has a current state license to practice.
Nurse Practitioner Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate new patient consultation and health history review
- Perform physical examinations and screenings of patients
- Order and administer tests including bloodwork
- Review and interpret test results to diagnose health problems
- Recommend further treatment options or future appointments if needed
- Provide referrals to other practitioners when necessary
- Provide after-care/ongoing care information and resources to patients and their families
- Ensure patient records are kept up to date including test results, immunizations, condition changes, etc.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Current state nurse practitioner license
- Understands HIPAA and OSHA regulations
- Proficient in EHR medical charting system and computer-based data management programs and information systems
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Internal Medicine
- Standard shift
- Monday- Friday (Daytime – 8 Hours)
Location/ability to relocate:
New York, NY 10005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)